Sunday, April 27, 2014

A beautiful flower arrangement that I created using a handmade box bottom and a square piece of fabric cut to fit in the box. After I cut and sewed the fabric together I stuffed it then lovingly arranged the flowers on top and hot glued them in place. I thought that it needed a little something so I added 3 pipe cleaner butterflies I made that were just waiting for that special project to be used. I made this for my MOM for MOTHER'S DAY who is in a Home for the aged. She has Alzheimer's and they are not allowed to have glass in their rooms. My Mom loves butterflies so I try to add those to things that I make for her. Although I know that she is not capable of showing emotions any longer and she will not comment or even acknowledge the fact that I gave it to her I know that she will cherish it.
This is what all 4 sides look like. I glued lace all around it and then added little purple bows to the center of each side. Purple is the color for Alzheimer's Awareness so I use that color a lot no matter what I am crafting.
These are some flowers that I have made. Thinking what I want to do with these but have not decided yet. Maybe another arrangement in a box, maybe a wreath who knows. I am sure that I will do something special with them. Maybe Mom needs a new wreath for her door. These with some smaller ones as fillers....add some ribbon, and lace....sound like a plan for these flowers!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment