Sunday, June 8, 2014

My Baby Birds

Every year for the past 4 years we have had a bird nest under the eve of our front porch. When the baby birds get old enough to leave the nest they usually find some way to say Good Bye to us. This time my 18 year old son came home and parked his pick up by the sidewalk and saw the birds sitting on the back of this rocking chair. He told his brother to come in and get me and when I walked out there they sat there for a few minutes and then flew away. They sat on the wires for awhile and we then went in and they flew off. Every once in awhile we will see one or two of them siting in the nest. Also for the first couple of months after they leave when the weather gets bad they come back to the nest until it clears up. It is like their safe place to ride out the storm. When I see momma bird repairing her nest and then the eggs laid I know that God sent them to me to comfort me. When I am down and feeling depressed I can look out at the birds and it remind me that God has this whatever it happens to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment